ZirPro offers the most comprehensive portfolio of zirconia powders from monoclinic to yttria-stabilized. ZirPro powders exhibit a large range of particle size distribution, reactivity and chemical purity.
Thermal Barrier Coatings
Modern diesel, gas and turbine engines are being operated at increasingly higher temperatures in order to improve combustion performance, lower operating costs and reduce environmental impact. This is particularly the case in the aerospace and land-based power turbine industries. To maintain system reliability and ensure stable and efficient operation at these higher temperatures, protective coatings have become an integral part of the design and operation of today’s engines.
Market-leading array of zirconium dioxide powders
Zirconia-based ceramic coatings, usually stabilized with dopants like yttria, have demonstrated superior performance in providing the best combination of thermal insulation, wear, oxidation and corrosion resistance. In addition to their chemical properties, these ceramic thermal barrier coatings are capable of forming the microstructure and porosity necessary to achieve optimum performance.
Saint-Gobain ZirPro offers a comprehensive range of zirconium oxide powders to meet the needs of the coating process:
- Monoclinic zirconias from the CC, CS, CF and SF families offer a combination of chemical purity, particle size distribution and reactivity. In addition to fine particle size distributions, CZ and CZP grades offer higher chemical purity (>99,9%) for increased durability of the ceramic coatings.
- Yttrium pre-stabilized zirconias are fully stabilized by 8wt% Y2O3 homogeneously distributed within the zirconia crystallographic lattice. They are obtained by chemical processes to meet the highest chemical purity standards. For more information, please contact us
All coatings technologies can be addressed with ZirPro
ZirPro powders are suitable for the three major methods of coating:
- Air plasma spray using zirconia-based hollow spheres, fused and crushed grains, or agglomerated and sintered granules
- Electron beam physical vapor deposition (EBPVD) using pre-sintered ingots
- Suspension plasma spray uses stable suspensions of sub-micron zirconium oxide powders